Saturday 30 August 2014

3rd walk

 For this walk I went around The Mount. The Mount has lots of tracks to choose from. The Mount is a very fun place to walk and it seems different every time you walk it. It takes about half an hour walking around. We started walking from the back side at Pilot Bay, the only bad thing about The Mount is you can not take your dogs there, I did not like that.This walk it was only me and my mum, I always like taking my dogs on walks as it's really fun and I like to play with them. Where we started from had lots of maps of The Mount, each course had a time on it and there is also a fishing wharf for boats. In the harbour there are boats of different shapes and sizes and some have different purposes like fishing, water sport and cruise. The mountain also has lots of history, there have been many battles on the mountain and they were all for control over the mountain.Back then it was a great place to live in and a big defensive advantage, because you could see far out and look for war parties and you could only access it from one side. so all attention was focused. The mountain has lots of wild life like birds, pests and sheep, there are lots of fantails on the mount especially at the top.It is also a common place for school trips some go to look at sea life and some plant sand dunes and some people even get to look at traps to catch pests.I also find the weather there weird, like on one side it was hot and sunny on the other cold and windy.The mountains Maori name is MAUAO there are many myths about the mountain like one of them is the mountain was dragged here by pixies. But I really enjoy walking the mount up or around I find it quite fun and I always get an ice cream afterwards.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment