Friday 19 September 2014

Rimu Homework challenge

For my homework challenge I have done another bake off! This time it was a head to head, me vs my brother. Mitchell made full chocolate cup cakes and I made chocolate chip muffins.

Here are all the instructions for the baking the chocolate chip muffins that I made.


I needed to pre heat the oven to 190'C.

I first 2 cups of flour in to the bowl and then placed in 125 grams of butter. I rubbed the butter and flour together until it was finely crumbed.

I then put in 1/2 of a cup of sugar to the mix and one cup of chocolate chips.

I made a well in the centre of the bowl.  I a separate bowl I mixed milk, sour cream, eggs, and golden syrup together.

I then poured the mix into the well and mixed them together until all the dry flower was wet.








I divided the mix into the cup cake tray and put them in the pre heated oven. I left the cup cakes in the oven for 15-18 minutes, I took them out when they were well risen and golden on the top.


I left them in the tray for 2-3 minutes and then ready to serve.



When we finished we had them judged by my mum and my sisters they said they liked the icing on my brothers but my one was the over all best.

No comments:

Post a Comment